Dispute Resolution Consortium
Employees say this about
"This program is great and helped me so much:
- My relationship with my manager improved for the first time.
- When I tried mediation, I was on my third EEO Complaint.
- Although I had won my last complaint, the problems with my manager
- He may have treated me worse because he resented losing the prior EEO
- Communication with my manager was poor and I dreaded coming to work.
- During the mediation session, I felt safe expressing my feelings to my
manager, because the neutral mediators were present as witnesses and I knew
what I said could not be distorted later.
- My manager said he was sorry for some of the things he had said and done,
things that had prompted my most recent EEO Complaint.
- He expressed concerns about my work that I had never heard before.
- I understood for the first time some things I needed to change and
promised I would try to improve in those areas.
- I delayed filing the third formal EEO Complaint until I was sure I had
done everything I could to better my work. I ended up never filing it.
- In the weeks after the mediation session, my manager talked to me more and
treated me more fairly. He seemed more patient and less vindictive.
- Understanding my priorities, I did better work in the areas noted by my
- For the first time ever, he gave me some positive feedback.
- No longer dreading coming to the office, I started to enjoy my work more.
- I have now worked for two years without having to file an EEO Complaint,
whereas previously I had filed a Complaint each year.
- Mediation resolves problems faster.
- My third EEO Complaint was resolved within a few weeks after I contacted
the EEO Counselor.
- My prior two Complaints each dragged on for many months until completion.
- During that time, I was under a lot of stress and things were very tense
with my manager at work.
- I developed some medical problems and could not do my best work.
- Mediation is impartial and preserves confidentiality.
- Because the mediators come from another agency, I felt more comfortable
- I knew what I said would not be the subject of gossip in my agency.
- The co-mediators seemed objective and did not appear to be tools of
- They seemed to have more power to influence my manager than staff in our
- Although I will probably never see the co-mediators again, I will always
be grateful for their assistance."